Latest Update: January 21, 2021
How we may collect
- Through the completion or submission of paper and/or electronic forms found on the Site and/or a third party-hosted website;
- Through SMS (Short Message Service) messages sent via cellular phone, email, and/or other communications;
- Through inbound and/or outbound telephone calls and/or email between us and you;
- Through surveys;
- Through Social Media such as but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, TikTok, Youtube, and/or Google+;
- Through “cookies”(small files that are stored on a user’s computer) and other similar technological means
what we may collect
When using our Site, you may voluntarily provide information about yourself. We may collect this information when you contact us through our Site or social channels, register for our email newsletter, opt into a subscription, or interact with us for any other purpose.
We may collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address and phone number
- Billing Information such as payment card number and billing address
- Unique Identifiers such as user name, account number and password
- Preferences Information such as product wish lists, order history, marketing preferences, subscription preferences, and reminder and notification preferences
- Survey responses if you participate in one of our surveys (although anonymous surveys will not collect your contact or personal information)
- Message text, if you talk to one of our chat bots or customer experience representatives
what we may use information for
We may use your information for any lawful purpose, including the following:
- Provide services that you have requested
- Order confirmation or verification
- Recommend products you may be interested in purchasing
- Send requested product or service information
- Send product updates or warranty information
- Respond to customer service requests, issues, concerns, or inquiries
- Help you with your account
- Send you a newsletter
- Send you marketing communications
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Improve our Site and service and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
- Display content based upon your interests
- For system troubleshooting or IT assistance
- To comply with the law and to maintain the security of our Site
what we share
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as charging your order, shipping your order or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We may share the information we collect with other parties, including the following:
- With third party vendors who process data on our behalf, such as payment processors, customer service providers, shipment vendors, and email service providers;
- As part of a corporate sale, merger, or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets, including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, governmental inquiry, or other legal process or as otherwise required by law, or to protect our rights or the rights of third parties;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, or investigate fraud; or
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
We may share information that has been anonymized or aggregated with third parties such as advertising partners without limitation.
third party websites
Our Site may contain links to third-party websites. When you click on a link to any other website or location, you will leave our Site and go to another site, and another entity may collect personal information or anonymous data from you. We do not control the privacy practices of those websites or apps, and they are not covered by this privacy notice. You should review the privacy notices of other websites or apps that you use to learn about their data practices. The links to third party websites or locations are for your convenience and do not signify our endorsement of such third parties or their products, content or websites. We will not be held accountable for any of the privacy practices of such third party websites as they may have their own.
social networking sites
social networking site or tools
Our Site may also include integrated SNSs, social media tools, or “plug-ins,” such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these sites or tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with these features on our Site, those companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public. Your interactions with third-party companies and your use of their features are governed by the privacy notices of the companies that provide those features. We recommend carefully reading the privacy notices of any accounts you create and use.
web beacons / single-pixel gifs
Our Site contains electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our Site is used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns. We may use a third party to gather information about how you and others use our Site in order to use aggregated information to understand and optimize how our Site is used.
We may collect your email address via cookies and pixels on the Website through the use of trusted third party partners. These partners may also combine your email information with other information they have access to such as mailing address so that we may serve relevant marketing offers to you via email and direct mail. If you do not want us to collect information about you, please contact email@example.com to opt out.
digital advertising & analytics
We may partner with ad networks and other ad serving providers (“Advertising Providers”) that serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated platforms. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information Advertising Providers collect about your use of the Site and other sites or apps over time, including information about relationships among different browsers and devices. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising.
We may also work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Site and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. beam uses Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Site and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our Site, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
sweepstakes, contests and promotions
We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (any, a "Promotion") through the Site that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to the terms, conditions or official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor(s) of the Promotion to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. If you choose to enter a Promotion, Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion's official rules, such as on a winners list. Specific rules and conditions will be provided with each contest or sweepstakes.
text marketing and notifications
By entering your phone number in the checkout and initialising a purchase, subscribing via our subscription form or a keyword, you agree that we may send you text notifications (for your order, including abandoned cart reminders) and text marketing offers. Text marketing messages will not exceed 30 a month. You acknowledge that consent is not a condition for any purchase.
If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving text marketing messages and notifications reply with STOP to any mobile message sent from us or use the unsubscribe link we provided you with in any of our messages. You understand and agree that alternative methods of opting out, such as using alternative words or requests will not be accounted as a reasonable means of opting out. Message and data rates may apply.
For any questions please text HELP to the number you received the messages from. You can also contact us for more information. If you wish to opt out please follow the procedures above.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. To help protect yourself and your information, choose a unique password for our Sites and do not use a password on our Sites that you would use on any other website or online service. If you discover inaccuracies or alterations in your Personal Information, or believe it to be at risk for any reason, we urge you to notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about security on our Site, you can contact us at email@example.com.
your information / your choices
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For choices with respect to third-party interest-based advertising activities, please seek out the specific policy of that company by visiting their website and update your preferences according to your comfort.
You may change any of your personal information in your account by editing your profile within your account or by sending an e-mail to us at email@example.com.
where to find us